- Ballistol Oil fluid 50 ml
- Ballistol Oil 50 ml fluid is one of the few alkaline oils. It does not resinify even in decades, is complete biodegradable, skin-friendly and food-safe.…
( 59,60 EUR per Liter)
- 2,98 EUR*
The History of Ballistol
Ballistol – a very special oil
Whenever somewhere is written "universal", skepticism is appropriate as to whether the product is also suitable for one's own purpose. The Ballistol Universal oil, which has been produced in Germany since 1904 and has been used for more than 1.000 applications, has been convincing for generations and is still an insider tip - no matter if it is used for the care of skin, Animal hide or cars.
The invention of Ballistol
In 1874, in Cologne, Friedrich Wilhelm Klever, a lawyer with entrepreneurial talents, founded Chemische Fabrik F.W. Klever. He started with the production of coal-based oils and fats, and soon acquired a mine in order to be independent from raw-material suppliers.
The company made a breakthrough at the turn of the century, when the German Imperial Army needed an all-round oil with very special properties: a multi-purpose oil that would be suitable for all the materials of a weapon – for cleaning, care, and conservation of the metal parts, wooden stocks, and leather straps. At the same time, it was to be used by soldiers as a wound oil for smaller injuries, chaps, and abrasions.
Such a multi-purpose oil was successfully developed in1904. The son of the company founder, Dr. Helmut Klever, who was at that time a chemistry lecturer at the Technical University of Karlsruhe, developed the special oil with all of the desired properties. The new multi-purpose oil was named &quod;Ballistol&quod;, from the word &quod;ballistic&quod; and the Latin &quod;oleum&quod;, meaning &quod;oil&quod;. From 1905, the Ballistol Multi-Purpose Oil was used in the German Army and became increasingly well known as a &quod;miracle oil&quod; in the years afterwards, thanks to its surprising versatility.
In the following years, millions of consumers experimented with Ballistol Multi-Purpose Oil and found more and more surprising new applications. After the Second World War, which only the branch factory in Leverkusen survived, the sites in Cologne and Krefeld were relinquished. In 1971, the young chemist Dr. Heinrich Zettler joined the company and from then on ran it as the managing director.
Dr. Heinrich Zettler recognised the potential of the BALLISTOL brand, and took over the company after the death of Jenny Klever in 1989, together with his wife Herta. They gradually developed it into a commercially healthy and globally operating brand manufacturer.
In 2006, Dr. Heinrich Zettler passed the company onto his sons Dr. Christian Zettler and Andreas Zettler, who now manage BALLISTOL GmbH.
BALLISTOL is a traditional family-owned company, the products of which have been manufactured in Germany for more than four generations and are now distributed all over the world. The core product Ballistol Multi-Purpose Oil was originally developed as a wound and weapon oil for the German Imperial Army, and has been valued for many decades as a universally usable multi-purpose oil.
After the great success of Ballistol Multi-Purpose Oil, the company was constantly expanded, production enlarged and the range successively broadened.
BALLISTOL now sells well above 80 items – from special oils, cleaning agents, and weapon-care products, to technical oils for production, workshops, and crafts, to care products and mosquito repellents for people and animals.
For BALLISTOL, traditional values of down-to-earthness and quality come first, securing valuable jobs in the production site Germany.
- 1904 Registering of the brands BALLISTOL and BALLISTOL-KLEVER
- 1952 Registering of the brand Gunex
- 1973 Registering of the brand Stichfrei Mosquito Repellent
- 1980 Registering of the brand Pluvonin impregnating spray
- 1999 Acquisition of the brand Scheibe
- 2005 Takeover of the global sale and production of the brand GunTec of Liqui Moly
- 2005 Expansion of the Marke BALLISTOL for high-quality care products
- 2006 relaunch of the brand NEO-BALLISTOL Neo-Ballistol for medical body cosmetics
- 2006 Takeover of the brand Scherell's SCHAFTOL
- 2011 Registering of the brand Stichfrei
- 2013 Registering of the brand GunCer
- 2011Launch of the bicycle-care series of products
- 2016 Takeover of the brand O_PUR
- 2016 Takeover of the brand Mairol for fertilizer
More information about Ballistol
A detailed description of the applications, properties and uses of Ballistol Ballistol can be found in the Ballistol Story.
Obtaining of Ballistol in the Ballistol-Shop
- 10 Ballistol tissues
- You don’t want to miss your Ballistol in holiday, but it may not take onto the aircraft or you want not use aerosol sprays or glass bottles? Here are…
- 4,99 EUR*
- Ballistol Oil-Spray 50 ml
- The small tin with 50 ml Ballistol Spray is ideal for the first test of Ballistol Spray or to use on the way, in the handbag, in the car or on the…
( 69,80 EUR per Liter)
- 3,49 EUR*
- Ballistol Oil 100 ml Spray
- 100 ml Ballistol Oil-Spray is highly effective, universal and environmentally. Practically the Oil is durable unlimited because it does not resinify even in…
( 49,90 EUR per Liter)
- 4,99 EUR*
- Ballistol Oil 200 ml Spray
- The 200 ml spray can is also available with English label as desired. As spray Ballistol Oil contains additively compressed air to relief the…
( 34,95 EUR per Liter)
- 6,99 EUR*
- Ballistol Varioflex
- VarioFlex is the innovative spray head model from Ballistol. VarioFlex impresses with its flexibility and ease of use.…
( 35,57 EUR per Liter)
- 12,45 EUR*
- Ballistol Oil Spray 400 ml
- 400 ml Ballistol Oil is the biggest spray container of our product range. And we provide Ballistol fluid from 50 ml to 200 liter As spray Ballistol Oil…
( 28,73 EUR per Liter)
- 11,49 EUR*
- Ballistol Universal Oil fluid 500 ml
- With Ballistol Oil 500 ml fluid you dispense from spray cans with propellant gas and you get more oil for your money. Therefore you get Ballistol Oil fluid…
( 25,98 EUR per Liter)
- 12,99 EUR*
- Ballistol fine point oiler, filled 15 ml
- The Fine Point Oiler is convenient and environmentally friendly. Each time you want to lubricate drop by drop without spraying adjacent parts or areas, the…
- 4,95 EUR*
- Ballistol Universal Care-Pen
- The big Universal-Care-Pen from Ballistol is specially designed for the care, lubrication, cleaning and protection of medium-sized surfaces. With the broad…
- 9,98 EUR*
- Ballistol Universal Oil 5 liter canister
- 5 liter Ballistol Universal Oil in a canister are practically durable unlimited and does not resinify for even for decades. Ballistol from 1904 is suited for…
( 23,99 EUR per Liter)
- 119,95 EUR*
- Ballistol Oil 25 ml Spray
- Ballistol Spray in size of 25 ml is designed as a giveaway / product sample. Here you will find the complete description of Ballistol Spray. Further…
( 59,60 EUR per Liter)
- from 1,49 EUR*
- Ballistol Universal Oil 500 ml + Atomizer
- With this set you will get 500 ml Ballistol Universal Oil and an Atomizer as a bundle Description of Ballistol universal oil Detailed information you find…
- from 17,70 EUR*
- The Ballistol Story as booklet
- The Ballistol Story contains among the history and development of Ballistol many amazing facts and testimonials from clients. Many of the more than 1000…
- 0,00 EUR*